With all the rules of the TSA, several questions have arisen, especially about feminine beauty products. How do you travel with your makeup? How do you pack makeup, so it does not break or leak all over your bag? have you know how to pack makeup for air travel properly? From where can you buy an Empty lipstick container, brushes’ pouch, and small jars for liquids?
These are common questions to consider before boarding your trip. Though no one solution fits all, there are a few things you should know when it comes to traveling with your beauty product kit.
Therefore, to help you out, we thought we must look at how you pack a makeup bag for travel. Moreover, what you can carry on the plane and what you can put in your checked luggage.
You have to dump some product before making it to the gate. However, sit back and ensure your trays are in the sealed and upright position. Let’s break down the instructions and guidelines that can help you get to where you are going and look good once you are there. By being in the know, you can save time and decrease the risk of being late for the flying.
Hi beautiful! We love the makeup products we recommend in this post, and we hope you do, too! Just to let you know, we can earn a modest commission off of purchases made through Amazon associate links on the page. Do not worry; it is of no extra charges to you.
Can You Pack Your Makeup in a Carry-On Bag?
Of course, you can pack your makeup bag and bring it on your flight. You can buy an empty lipstick container and carrier from the nearest wholesale market. You can also order empty makeup containers online.
You must understand the TSA liquids rule when it comes to your liquid foundations and other liquid products.
TSA Guidelines to Liquids in a Carry-On:
You can abide by the 3-1-1 rule when it comes to any liquid products brought on the airplane, and that includes your liquid beauty products.
You have to check that all your gear fits in one quart-sized plastic bag. You may want to ensure that your makeup is not larger than 3.4 oz. Otherwise, you have to remove your makeup as you go through security.
Can You Carry Eyeshadow Palettes on the Plane?
Powder-based makeup has no limitation when it comes to carry-ons, according to the TSA.
It means you can pack them neatly in your disposable cosmetics bag without worrying about repacking them after security.
How to Pack Your favorite Makeup for Air Travel Properly – Carry On
To pack your kit up nicely, though, we have a few essential tips that will help you out and save space.
- The first is to ensure you have your favorite makeup organizer bag. Ensure that the one you choose has enough space for all the essentials.
- If you are using any liquid makeup and do not meet the minimum ounces, you can invest in small, clear, travel-size makeup containers.
- When you have your bottles full of your liquids, you may want to pack them in a separate box. You can also save time and place them in a clear ziplock bag as you will have to remove them well when you go through the security.
You May Want to Limit Your makeup Kit Down to the Essentials.
There are many great tips, but one is to use your outfits as padding. That means do not place your makeup bag in your front pocket. Instead, please put it in between thick clothes may save you a lot of hassle.
- If you are not traveling for long or want to challenge yourself, try to pare down the frequently used kit. You can also try to use makeup products that you can use for multiple applications, saving space.
- You will want to ensure you protect your compacts from being broken. However, you can use extra pads or socks to support cushion them from impact.
- You can put things like safety pins or hairpins in your old, Empty lipstick container for safety.
Can You Pack cosmetics in Your Luggage?
The truth is that it is much easier to accomplish than the carry-on, but it does come with some extra additional dangers, such as luggage transfer and more.
Sometimes you may check your baggage in, and if so, you wonder if you can place all your cosmetics in your luggage without any difficulties. The answer is yes.
Traveling with them in check luggage is the way to go if you have a long time traveling and have giant bottles of whatever makeup.
How to Pack Your Cosmetics for Air Travel in Check Luggage
You may want to put more care into padding for your checked luggage than you can in a carry-on. After all, you are not the only one dealing with your checked-in baggage.
So, you can take time to secure and cushion all your cosmetics when checking baggage.
Here are a few tips:
- Make sure all makeup liquids are in a disposable plastic bag. However, that way, if they happen to burst, it is not all over your clothes. It does not hurt to keep dust products inside a bag as well! Powder products or liquid foundation and other liquid makeup products are hard to clean up if somewhat unfortunate. You can carry an Empty lipstick container and additional spare plastic pouches for unwanted situations.
- For any items that can break or crash, use old socks or your outfits to give them a little extra wadding
- Ensure you have a cosmetics case with padding and protection. It should also offer a way to keep all your other stuff in one place and not floating randomly around your luggage.
- Keep each category of makeup in separate plastic pouches if you are traveling long.
- Moreover, always cross-check each of your makeup products before the final packing.