“Once you got a solar panel on a roof, energy is free. Once we convert our entire electricity grid to green and renewable energy, cost of living goes down,” said Elizabeth May, a Canadian politician who served as Leader of the Green Party of Canada from 2006 to 2019. And has served as the Member of Parliament for Saanich—Gulf Islands since 2011.
Elizabeth May is an environmentalist, author, activist and lawyer, May founded and served as the executive director of the Sierra Club Canada from 1989 to 2006. May was the longest serving female leader of a Canadian federal party. Born in Hartford, Connecticut, Elizabeth May immigrated to Canada with her family as a teenager.
Electricity usage is an essential part of every business sector. But many times running a business does not allow you to focus on the usage of electricity in the office that gives you a huge electric bill. And you can just wonder where does this much energy go.
Energy management is necessary to keep your electricity cost low. And offer you high profits. But, businesses must focus on finding how much electricity is wasted every month.
Many times, the most successful businesses also neglect the simple solutions to save a good amount of electricity.
Here are five ways for a business to effectively manage energy usage:
There are options to save electricity through the newest lighting systems but using an older lighting system is way profitable and offers cost reduction in your electricity usage.
- Using LED bulbs can reduce the amount of electricity used by regular bulbs because they are electricity efficient.
- Installing a lighting control system can allow you to shut off all the electronic appliances according to your time, you can adjust the time according to daylight conditions and room occupancy.
Every business has a heating system and there are many ways to reduce electricity usage in the system that will automatically reduce the cost.
- Installing automatic thermostats
- Exhaust fan should be controlled. Because you do not have to use it continuously.
- Add energy-efficient technology in the office.
- Make sure that your windows and doors are properly sealed, so that heat stays inside.
The cooling process is not much different than the heating process, so you can save a lot of electricity in your cooling system too.
- Installing programmed thermostats.
- If there is no use of cooling then plug off the cooling system.
- Find better energy-efficient equipment.
- Make sure that all the doors and windows are properly closed. So that cool air does not go outside.
You can also reduce energy consumption by heating the water.
- Adjust faucet aerators that can help in reducing the amount of water flow by 50%.
- Lower the temperature of hot water to decrease the use of energy.
- Get a solar heater.
Consult with a professional energy manager:
Consulting a professional energy manager can be a good option if you are trying to reduce the usages of electricity in the office. A professional will check your entire office building to find any air leak or insulation issues and also tell you some better electricity-efficient equipment to use to save energy and money.
Ontario Wholesale Energy has cemented its reputation as the premier choice for our 100% Load Following Natural Gas and Electricity products at extremely competitive prices. Ontario Wholesale Energy’s major electricity trading partner is Shell Energy North America.