Canada is the perfect country for individuals seeking to work or study abroad. A Canada work permit is issued to those individuals who want to work in Canada for a particular period. If you’re thinking of pursuing your studies there, you must fill out the Canada study permit application. You can apply for a work visa when you get a job offer or an employment contract from Canadian employers. Most foreign citizens need a work permit to work in Canada.
Steps to Follow Before Applying for Canada Work Permit
You can apply for a Canadian PR application to make the process of getting a job easier for you. The Canada PR process for Indian is very straightforward. A couple of the steps that you can carry out before deciding to apply for a work permit-
Step 1: Decide which type of work permit you prefer
There are two kinds of work permits-
- Employer-specific work permit – it allows you to work in Canada according to the conditions mentioned on the permit, like the name of the specific employer, how long you are allowed to work, the place where you can work etc.
Before applying for an employer-specific work permit, you must receive a copy of your contract and a copy of LMIA from your employer.
- Open Work Permit – it allows you to work for any employer in Canada except the ones mentioned as ineligible on the list of employers who did not meet the requirements. Therefore, you can get an open work permit in specific situations.
Step 2: Check the eligibility criteria for the permit
The general eligibility requirements are-
- Submit proof that you will not exceed your stay in Canada and will move out on the expiry of your work permit
- Submit documents showing that you can financially support yourself and your family during your stay
- Prove that you are not a danger to Canada’s security
- You should not have any record of any criminal activity
- You should be in good health
- Prove that you will not work for an ineligible employer
The eligibility criteria can vary depending on the kind of work permit you choose.
Step 3: Keep all the documents required with you before applying.
Several documents are required to apply for a Canadian work visa and a Canada study permit application. Here are a few of them-
- Valid passport
- Recent passport-size photographs
- Education qualification certificate
- Work experience proof
- Professional qualities proof
- Enough financial aid to support yourself during your stay in Canada proof
- Medical examination to prove that you’re healthy
Step 4: Check who can apply:
You may be able to get an open work permit if you-
- Are an international student who passed from a designated Canadian institution
- Are a student who cannot afford to pay your education fee
- Already have an employer-specific work permit
- Have applied for Canada PR. The Canadian PR Process for Indians is an easy-to-understand procedure.
- Are dependent on a person who has already applied for Canada PR
- Are a refugee or a protected person
- Are a temporary resident who has a permit
Other people can apply for a Canadian work permit. You can contact any top immigration agency for more information.
Step 5: Conditions
For open work permit-
You have to meet the eligibility criteria and provide all the correct documents. The proof you provide should be legitimate; otherwise, strict action can be taken against you by the respective authorities. You should be willing to adhere to the conditions of your work permit. You have to meet the additional requirements such as language skills, biometric data, insurance etc.
For employer-specific work permit-
This work permit pertains to only a single employer; therefore, it can come with certain conditions like where you are allowed to work, the type of work you can do, the duration of your work etc.
Step 6: Research the jobs you can take
There are some specific jobs in Canada that allow entry to the country only on a valid work permit. For example, caregivers who care for older or disabled children require a work permit before taking up the job in Canada.
Step 7: Ways to get an open work permit
Find more information regarding the various ways you can get an open work permit. One is to get a Canada PR visa before applying for a work permit.
With a PR visa, you get permanent resident status which can make it easier for you to get a work permit. The Canadian PR Process for Indians is very simple, and if you meet all the requirements, you can quickly get the work permit.
Step 8: Ensure that you can afford to live there and then submit the application fee.
Several individuals like business people, permanent workers, temporary workers or students can work in Canada via the Canadian work permit. However, there are some methods to speed up the process. Some of them include Express Entry, Provincial Nominee Programs, Family Sponsorship, Business or Quebec Immigration Programs etc. You can also fill out the student work permit application if you are eligible, as it is easier to get.
Read More About Business News US.